Happiness; a universal desire.
There are only dozens upon dozens of self-help books claiming to have found the miraculous answer to achieving life-long happiness. Although it seems more complicated than necessary due to the fact that there are so many tips and tricks out there on how to be happy.
I’m a big fan of simplicity so I think happiness is something that should be easy to find. And for the most part, it is, since everybody has different definitions and expectations of happiness.
My definition of happiness is simple: appreciate the little things and all that life has to offer. There are many “little” things that always make me smile, but I’ve narrowed it down to the top five.
- Nature. If I’m having a bad day, I just walk outside and smile as I appreciate the way the sunlight shines through the trees and feel happy to be able to see such a beautiful sight.
- A good book. Curling up with a blanket and getting lost in a good book is the perfect way to spend a weekend afternoon. Amazon has a wonderful Kindle Unlimited membership for only $10 a month. Sign up for a free trial and start reading today.
- A catchy song. Kind of like the “A Pocketful of Sunshine” scene in Easy A, there’s nothing like the power of a fun, catchy song to get you pumped up and ready to have a great day!
- Ice cream. What problems can ice cream not solve??? It’s so delicious and comforting! A few Christmases ago, my sister gave me an ice cream maker. Let me tell you something, homemade ice cream is seriously delicious! It’s so easy to make too! I recently upgraded to an ice cream maker with a built-in compressor. Although my old one still makes amazing ice cream, I didn’t want to have to wait 24 hours for the bowl to freeze. Now, I can make batch after batch at a time! The ice cream maker for the impatient ice cream aficionados, like myself. And the ice cream maker for beginners and those who don’t mind waiting for ice cream.
- Having a very productive day. The sense of accomplishment that a productive day provides makes me happy and wanting to keep the productivity and happiness flowing.
How do you define happiness? Please, send me a comment. I’d love to hear all about the little things that make you smile.This Feisty Life participates in several affiliate programs and advertising networks, such as Amazon, ShareASale, Google AdSense, etc. If you click on a link to a product or click on an ad, I will get paid a percentage of the sale. I will only recommend products and services that I personally have tried and loved here on This Feisty Life.